Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Artist's Studio / Creatin' Contest 2016


Say hello to the Backyard Bungalow! Though it won't be that for long... As some of you might already know, Hobby Builders Supply (miniatures.com) hosts an annual contest called the Creatin' Contest.


Each year they create a new kit for us to decorate and bash and go crazy with! The Backyard Bungalow is the contest kit this year. It's small enough to be a manageable size, but large enough to still have plenty of options. Oh and guess what?! This year they sent me a kit in exchange to share my progress with you guys!


I love the character of the windows and the doors, and although I'm not crazy about the front porch the shapes are basic enough to have limitless possibilities. The interior will be a challenge for me, but I have a few ideas in mind.


Are you joining the fun this year? It's an awesome challenge and a really creative project to take on! If you want to read more about the contest, click HERE to check out the info on miniatures.com.

OH AND ONE MORE THING. I still REALLY wanted to to enter the contest, so I purchased a second kit that I will work on throughout the year in secret. :)  (You can only enter by purchasing a kit, so I can't enter with the kit I was given. That's only fair, right?!)

I'll be back soon! I have some video editing to do and then I will be back with more information about what's coming to The Miniature Bazaar!

X

4 comments:

  1. HI Blake! This is a really nice little kit with a whole lot of possibility and potential, so I will be eagerly looking forward to watching it develop over the course of this year! How Exciting!!! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And it IS exciting!! I can't wait until I'm done with the semester so I can really get going with it! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you, as well! Are you entering again this year?!?

      Delete

T R A N S L A T E