Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Updates! Miss you all so much! Getting back to miniatures!

Hello, my mini-friends! I miss you all so much! I just wanted to pop in and let you guys know what I have been up to!

Firstly- I moved! Yeah! This is my first apartment that's 100% totally MINE! ( I do share it with my girlfriend, Claiborne, but she is part of the excitement :D ) Some of the best features are: It's roomy! Large living room with tons of walls (for tons of art!), tall windows for lots of light, AND my very own work room! Yeah! It's serving as our office as well, but its so much more than I have ever had.

Second- I have been SWAMPED with school, etsy things, and life in general. I am taking more classes this semester than I have in a long time and it's taking a toll on me. Less sleep, more stress. And on top of that I have to stay on top of orders for Twintrees and my newest baby, Leaph Boutique. Which, speaking of- here are a few of my newest felt flower bouquets! *u* I can't seem to stop making them. I love having the apartment full of flowers and we always end up killing the real ones! Haha!





Third- I started a YouTube channel!? Since this is my first place, all of our furniture was either given to us or thrifted. So I have made it a personal challenge to redo pretty much everything! It's going to take a while, but I love giving all these old things new life. My first video is sharing how I turned an old dining room table into a faux-reclaimed wood work table! It's super simple and if you like this kind of thing, check it out! Click HERE to see the video! OR watch it below!


I think its really funny that I am starting this right as Stephanie Kilgast, from PetitPlat, is starting her channel. It's super nice to have a newbie YouTube friend! :) Go check out her channel, too! She has been making some great time-lapse videos of her sculpting all kinds of minis!


And lastly, I wanted to fill you guys in with where I stand with my miniatures! I haven't lost my passion for them- I probably never will. I just have lost the time! I am currently making sketches for new lines, as well as some other fun projects. I am also still working on my entry for the 2015 Creatin' Contest! Since I am starting this new path on YouTube, I will be filming the rest of my progress and sharing that once my entry is submitted! This will continue to be my miniatures blog, however I will be starting a new blog for myself in general. There I will share basically everything I work on. This will make things easier on me so that I always have something to share, instead of sharing bits here and there across different platforms. I won't have any new miniatures for Halloween 2015, because there just isn't enough time. I have to keep up with everything else, AND I am going on a family vacation on October 17th, for a week! So all my efforts are geared towards any current projects/priorities!

Thank you guys so much for your ongoing support and love. I am going to go and have fun in blog-world and see what you have all been up to! If I don't follow you, or you don't think I follow you- leave me a link to your blog! I will give you a follow ASAP! I love seeing what other people are creating!

I think that's all for now. Until next time, XOXO
-Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment

T R A N S L A T E