Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tutorial- How to Make 1:12 Scale Miniature Cakes

Hello, everyone! I am wide awake this morning (hours before I normally get up) to share some wonderful news with you!

I have been working on a collaboration with Mini Food Tutorials to creative a simple beginner's tutorial for making 1:12 scale cakes! The tutorial covers simple topics such as making a cost-effective base, making some icing, as well as making some different kinds of sprinkles!



I was approached a few weeks ago by the lovely Amelia- who runs minifoodtutorials.com. She was looking for something a little different from what she already offers on her website (which is already great) from someone new! I am beyond happy that she chose little 'ole me to take this chance with! If you would like to purchase this tutorial click HERE.


One of the main reasons I did this is because it was so obvious to me from the beginning that Amelia's site, minifoodtutorials.com, is aimed at spreading the joy of miniatures. Her blog has regular updates with what other miniature artisans are doing all over the world- plus she has a snazzy newsletter that you can follow! You can purchase my tutorial, which is 100% made by me by clicking HERE. It is SUPER cheap at the low price of $12. And if that isn't enough- there are also some free tutorials you can grab while you are over there!


Now, you guys know that I like to be 100% transparent on my blog. Ya'll's support means the world to me and your feedback and encouragement is what gives me motivation to keep doing what I love! I have recently made the decision to pursue miniatures full-time... for a little while at least. I have tons and tons of ideas that I want to make a reality and I owe it to myself, all of my miniature friends, and to the craft itself to try my best to contribute to the miniature world and spread the word of the craft that I love so much! This is just one small step to doing just that!

So... with that being said- feel free to check out the tutorial! Once purchased, you can download to your computer and even print it out for you to take with you! It is my first tutorial in booklet form, so I in a sense it is a completely new experience for me! I hope you enjoy it! - Remember this tutorial is great for someone who is just starting to make mini cakes! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
_Blake

P.S- Today I am going with my friends to a fabric warehouse for a HUGE sale they sometimes have. I am hoping to find some fabrics with patterns small enough to use in 1:12 scale! :D I will let you guys know if I find anything! xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You can use paypal! :) I actually think that is her preferred method of payment.

      :D

      Delete
  2. Yay! Im so happy for you Blake!
    Your cakes are wonderful and Im sure the tutorial is fab ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfect :)
    I'm signed up for emails, and would definatly recommend to any crafter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done buddy! I'm super proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

T R A N S L A T E