Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Haps At the Bazaar!

As usual... it's been pretty busy around here. I have, however, been lucky to work on some minis! I remade my donuts and finished up those three pies! Here are some shots! The first image is a work-in-progress.


After adding some icing, sprinkles, and "sugar" - the donuts were ready for some glaze! I have taken everyone's suggestions and written them down. I haven't had time to experiment with new products these past few days, so I just picked up some Sculpey Glaze and it's working great! When I have more time I will try some other things- just for fun! :)


I figured I would take advantage of having to make another batch of donuts and try something new. As you can see, I made some sugared donuts! When I went to the apple orchard the other weekend, they were selling donuts that had been covered in sugar and I just KNEW I had to make something similar in miniature.


Here are my pies with some glaze on them! Apple, pecan, and pumpkin pies! Yum!



I did have a chance to play around with the cupcakes some more! These have a candy corn wrapper! :D Now they need to be frosted!


On a personal note, I have my last driving lesson today! Yayyy! Then I will probably practice for a couple weeks in my parent's car and then go for my license! :D I am also doing an interview for Amelia over at minifoodtutorials! It'll have bits and pieces about how I started with miniatures, my working preferences, and a couple tips! I will let ya'll know when it is posted! :)

Thanks for stopping by! :)


6 comments:

  1. Wow, Blake, your food items get more and more realistic! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks so much, John! It's so great to hear that!

      X

      Delete
  2. Wow! All that you make is perfect!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

T R A N S L A T E