Friday, August 23, 2013

Jack O'Lanterns, Pumpkins, and Candy!

If it isn't the warm colors or the cool crisp air that I long for, it's the sweet potato and pumpkin spice concoctions along... with cozy clothes! And THEN throw Halloween and Thanksgiving in the mix and I'm done. Just done! Oh! And my birthday! All of these are reasons that I love Fall. There are plenty more... but I already have a ton to share with you guys, so I will stop there!

I have been ~super~ busy this week! I knew I wanted to go ahead and get a jump-start on Halloween/Autumn minis... but I had no idea how inspired I would actually get! Take a look at what I have been working on!

***Oh, and if you are interesting in purchasing any of these items you can find them in my Etsy shop! Everything in the following post has been listed!  ***

Pumpkins!________________________________________________________


So far I have 4 sizes of pumpkins. They range from about a quarter of an inch to over an inch. I have also been playing around with multiple colors... At the moment I have plenty of white and green pumpkins.



This is my first time making listings like this... where I take pictures of a group of items and then label the different styles/items. Does anyone out there have any advice for doing this? I would hate for someone to get confused between the listings!


Candies!__________________________________________________________

As some of you may know, I am slowly trying to build up a large variety of candy. Not only for Halloween, though! I would really love to build an entire candy shop display. *flashbacks from childhood, anyone?*




 Here we have chocolate bars (partially inspired by those of Stéphanie Kilgast of PetitPlat), jawbreakers, caramel creams, gummy worms, saltwater taffy, and chocolate malts- all of which are childhood favorites.


 Not only do I find making miniature candy highly meditative... it's quite nostalgic. I remember eating on jawbreakers for days, competing with the neighborhood kids to see who could get to the center first... and always finding caramel creams in my uncle's candy dishes... and being treated to saltwater taffy on trips to the beach and the mountains.

Jack O'Lanterns!___________________________________________________

They'rrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee backkkkkkkkk! With a twist!




These are only the first of many to come.... I thoroughly enjoy making these little guys! Right now I have 4 medium green, 4 medium white, and 1 large green jack o'lanterns. What do you guys think about the new colors? Personally, I am starting to prefer the white and green pumpkins of the oranges ones... but hey, that could be because they are new! :)

Like I said, all of these items have been listed! They will all be added to the new Autumn 2013 section in my Etsy shop! :)

Thank you guys so much for stopping by!
xoxo
_blake

P.S. I'm going to spend the weekend relaxing with some family out of town! Probably going to take just enough supplies to work on something while I am there! How are you guys spending your weekend?

10 comments:

  1. Bravo! It all looks fabulous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job!!! :D
    Love the pumpkins best, but then I just am in love with the candies! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had me at Jack!!!! I got mine soo excited, i love the colors. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much for your support! :)

      Delete
  4. I love all your pumpkins, but especially Jack O'Lanterns grey pumpkins- they are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think the grey ones are my favorite, too!

      Delete
  5. Those gummy worms, oh my! They're fab :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you! Hopefully a lot more candies to come!

      Delete

T R A N S L A T E