Hallelujah! I FINALLY got around to getting a dollhouse kit. (Well... I actually got it about a month ago.) I started building it the other day and I figured I should share how it is going!
I haven't done much to it... but what I have done has taken a long time! Luckily with this kit the pieces just fit together in these convenient little grooves.
I have started to do some grey washes. I am going to keep doing this until it is much darker. I want to do some black and brown washes, too. I am having to wait for the wood to dry each time, though. And I am NOT patient with stuff like this.
I have also put together this front piece that sticks out. I am actually NOT going to glue it to the rest of the house. I want it to be removable so that when I take pictures of my miniatures on the inside I can easily get to any angle that I might want.
And this is what I have right now! Tomorrow I will add more washes and make some sketches. I have some thoughts about the shingles and windows, but I don't know how I want to do those yet. And I will be sure to take some more pictures for you guys! I have a lot of big plans for this house. By the way, this is going to be THE A Bohemian Bazaar building. It is gong to function as the major backdrop for my miniatures.
I will try to remember to find a photo of the kit house as it is intended to look according to the box so that I can show you all how different mine is going to look!
Blessings to you all!