Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Back to Construction!

WOAH. It's been a while since I laid a finger on my dear ole' model house! Not only was I distracted and exhausted by... well... LIFE... but I also got into a rut. I hate ruts. The only good thing about them is getting out of them! ~LIKE NOW~

Today I was working on the big room in my house. Here are the little steps I took to making the brick wall. I may work some more on it, but I'm not totally sure yet. First I laid all the bricks! They are made the same way as before and they are also the same size!


I painted them in reds and browns first because I thought it would be more realistic this way.


I then grouted the bricks, just like before. This time was a bit harder because there was so much more area to cover.


I then painted over the bricks in a cream color. I liked the way this color looked with the green wallpaper. Oh! Also, ignore the wallpaper that has paint on it. I have more paper, so I will just redo that. Haha! Sometimes even I get impatient. Anyways... I left the cream paint kind of messy because I didn't know if I would like the texture or not, and as of right now I think I may put down some more paint. Its kinda too much texture.


I also found this other wallpaper in the craft store. (Well.... actually it's scrap-booking paper.) I may not use it in this project but I thought it would make a nice wallpaper someday!


Once again, I apologize for my absence. Sometimes I just get so busy... but yet at the end of the day there really isn't much to show for it. It is a crazy phenomenon that seems to be pretty common. Especially among us artists! Haha!

I hope you all are doing well! Oh! I also listed some cake boxes in my Etsy store. I will make a post about them another day, but you can check them out HERE if you want! - 

Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo
-Blake


10 comments:

  1. Your bricks always look so realistic! Wow! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Te ha quedado un muro muy real!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am very happy with how it is coming along! :D

      Delete
  3. The bricks look great. I like the worn paint look. Thanks for sharing. IndyPoppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far, I am liking it...and it looks much better than just red. Glad to see ya back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I will go back in and cover more of the red. It is still too distracting to me. And I'm glad to be back!

      Delete
  5. Great to see you back at it with the dollhouse project. I enjoy following along. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am happy to be back to work on it!

      Delete

T R A N S L A T E