Saturday, October 20, 2012

Front Step and Other Random Parts

Well it may not seem like a lot, but I was working most of the day! After sending off this week's packages I came back home and got to work on my front step!

First, I carved out the spots where the columns will go. I don't want there to be a huge gap below them, so now the columns fit snugly in these!


The dollhouse kit I am using came with this massive wooden block.


Then I started adding the bricks like before.


I wanted there to be a little lip over the edge of the step, so I took the kit shutters...


Here are the parts that come in the kit for the shutters. I am using the larger pieces for the step.


I then trimmed them down to make the lip.


Then it was back to laying the bricks! I had to wrap them over the lip to make it look like whole bricks.


I also made this window things for the top floor... there was two of them , but I don't know what they are called.


Here are some more of the same shutter pieces.


I plan on turning them into my fireplace for the living area.


I then jumped back to the top floor windows and checked to make sure the window frame fit. It did!


Then back to the step. I trimmed all the bricks and I also repeated the herringbone pattern on top of the step, just like the porch. Then I painted it red...


Lighter highlights...


That is all for today! I still need to go back and dull down that red. I also need to grout the step.

Question- does anyone have any advice for my windows? I wanted to make them slide up to open, but I have no idea how to go about doing that.

Oh! And here is my work area. It is my closet. Hahaha! It is a total mess, but always a work in progress.


Thanks for stopping by! Come back tomorrow to see what else I get done on the house!

-xo
Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment

T R A N S L A T E